Access - Haven Crest Guest House
6 bedroom guesthouse with en-suite facilities and dining room.
- Contact by phone, text phone or email.
- Website www.havencrest.co.uk
- Large print written information on rooms and facilities and directions can be posted to potential guests.
- Access statement can be posted or sent as an attachment by email.
- Buses from Whitby bus station No 5/5A stops 100 yards from guesthouse.
- Train Station 1 mile from guesthouse.
- Whitby centre 1 mile away, approx 3 minutes by car.
- Walking to Whitby via sea front approx 12 to 15 minutes depending on pace, similar time by road.
- Mobility services, equipment and hire via DAG firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel 01947 821001
- Taxi service, many from station
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Off street parking for up to 8 cars in front and side of house.
- Assistance offered for guests and luggage from car to room
- Block paving at front and all round of house for parking.
- Dropped pavement for vehicle access to property.
- Cars may be parked to give rear access to vehicle.
- Haven Crest sign at the front and side of the house.
- Clear signage at front of property, cream sign.
- Door bell, right side of front door.
- Four steps into house and step-over threshold.
- Low wall and banister rail to aid support when entering and leaving the house
- Front door entrance directly into hallway with raised threshold.
- Thumb turning lock on main door for easy keyless exit
Main Entrance, Reception
- Dining room to the left of the entrance. 6 rooms on first floor with hand rail on the left side going up the staircase.
- 12 steps and small square landing. 3 steps to left and 3 rooms. 3 steps to right and 3 rooms with right hand rail. Surface carpeted, good overhead spot lighting.
- Stairs and landing width is 28”at narrowest point.
- Assistance provided by proprietors on arrival, escorted to rooms then as requested for going to dining room.
- Pen and notepad available at reception and if requested in room.
- Additional keys available to guest rooms and main door on request.
- Carpeted throughout.
- Door to left of entrance into dining room.
- From main entrance though ground floor, same level surface.
- Colour contrast- skirting boards and door frame white and doors dark wood, magnolia walls. Same throughout the building.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etcCarpet throughout
- Fire action sign on bedroom doors and in lobby. Emergency lighting throughout
- 3 fire extinguishers, 1 to right of front door, 2 on first floor.
- Dining room, same level flooring as rest of ground floor, ceiling spot lighting.
- 2 arm chairs in cream material
- occasional table x 2 in wood. Sideboard in wood
- Ease of movement around furniture.
- Ceiling spot lights.
- Moveable 6 central leg tables each to seat 2 people, chairs without arms. All furniture is moveable to allow ease of access.
- Special diets catered for with prior notice for preparation
- White crockery on wooden tables with white cloths, maroon mats.
- Large bold menu lists
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- High pitch tone from fire alarm.
- TV with teletext and Freeview, remote controls.
- All bedrooms have 28'' door width. Carpeted bedrooms and cushion floor in bathrooms
- All bedrooms have bedside wall lights.
- All have double beds, wardrobe, drawer chest, 2 bedside drawers, chair.
- Rooms 4, 5, 6 have an archway into bedroom with angled turn. Room 1, 2 and 3 have direct access into room.
- Kettles in all rooms on trays with crockery in white, glasses and individual coffee, tea, milk, sugar and biscuit sachets.
- Non-feather pillows and duvets offered. Some rooms have blankets.
Bathroom, Shower & WC [Ensuite]
- Room 1, 3 and 6 bathroom have windows. Rooms 2,4,5 have Expelair
- All rooms have showers.
- Electric showers room 2 and 5, mains pressure shower rooms 1,3,4,6.
- High-level washbowl
- All bathrooms heated.
- All rooms have toiletries and towels on rails.
- Room 1, 3 and 6 have most ease of movement.
Additional InformationEvacuation procedure highlighted on back of door.
- Non-smoking policy applies in the building.
- Sometimes a problem in rooms getting good broadband signals.
- Good mobile phone signals.
- Landline phone can be used if there are difficulties with signal.
- Medications can be stored in owners fridge in a sealed box providing
- Proprietors will do all that they can to help.
- Brass bell on desk in reception to alert proprietors.
- Night bell button on wall to right of stairs attached to proprietors bedroom for use in emergency.
137, Upgang Lane,
Hours of operation:open all year
except when proprietors are on holiday
Improve heating with new boiler and add thermostatic controls to all radiators - Done
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01947 605187